The extension means an existing BVI Business Company (one of the register at 1 April, 2016 when the requirement took effect) will have until 31 December, 2016 to make the initial private filing of it’s register of directors for free. After 31 December, 2016 and until 31 March, 2017 filing fee will be USD $25.00 and after 1 April, 2017 filing fee will be USD $50.00 plus penalties. For New Business Companies or changes in the register of directors of companies that have already filed their registers, filing fee is USD $50.00. Administrative handling fee will be applicable to all filings.
If you hold more than 5 companies under your administration, please complete the Register of Directors registration template provided by the BVI Financial Services Commission (FSC). This template can hold a maximum of 150 companies to be registered as a batch in the Register’s system.
Tips for using the FSC template:
- Use Microsoft Excel and enable contents and macros.
- Open the FSC template which is actually a data entry form.
- Accurately complete data fields with information of the correct data type.
- Data in the fields must be in English.
- Once all data is submitted, click Add Record. The excel sheet is updated and form is refreshed. Enter Next Record for next information.
- To view data in Excel Workbook, click Exit From Mode.
- To go back to the User form, save the workbook, close Excel and reopen.